Position: Data Scientist
Location: Valbonne – France
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will support our product, sales, leadership and marketing teams with insights gained from analyzing business data we are handling. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. He/she must have experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. He/she must have a proven ability to drive business results with his/her data-based insights. He/she must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large datasets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Assess effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases
- Develop custom models and algorithms to apply to data sets, use predictive modeling.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
With the rest of the team:
- Coordinate with product team to identify opportunities and to manage priorities.
We are looking for someone with 1-2 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Master’s or Ph.D. in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, with these qualifications:
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using computer data handling languages (R, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques and their real-world advantages/drawbacks, including python machine learning tools.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data using: Shiny, ggplot, D3, etc.
- Knowledge or experience with distributed data/computing tools like Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark would be a plus.
- Knowledge or experience in travel industry (airline, airport, …) would be a plus.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org